EIC Database and Research
» Economic Data
- Extensive data on Cambodia's economy published by government and international organisations, including economic data by provinces and by professional categories.
- The macroeconomic model, the General Equilibrium Model for Cambodia (GEMC), covering the main macroeconomic aggregates and 22 sub-sectors of the economy.
- Long-term economic outlook and projections up to 2020.
» Policy Oriented Research
- Key issues and challenges facing Cambodia since its accession to the World Trade Organisation (WTO), ASEAN and the Greater Mekong Sub-Region.
- Assessing the impact of foreign direct investment (FDI) on human development in Cambodia under a regional UNDP project on Asia Trade Policy.
- Shedding light on microeconomics and infrastructure sectors which are directly affected by Cambodia's accession to the WTO. Comprehensive research in these sectors will help improve Cambodian livelihoods.
- Contributing to the formulation of the national poverty reduction policy, including the preparation of study concept papers conducted by the World Bank.
- Assessing the impact of economic development on social justice in Cambodia and assessing the role and importance of good governance for socio-economic development.
- Developing joint regional economic research, under the Mekong Economic Research Network of the Stockholm School of Economics.
Dissemination of Information and Professional Partnerships
» Accessing the EIC's Information
- Publications: EIC's publications provide the reader with a concise report of research-based economic topics combining essential data and graphs with expert analysis.
- Seminars and Conferences: The EIC's research is presented and discussed in various national and international forums encouraging proactive participation, dialogue and debate.
- Media: The national and international media are some of the main outlets for the EIC to disseminate its research findings through press releases and interviews.
- EIC Online: Updated regularly, the EIC's website provides access to its information around the clock.